REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
Re: Group Life Insurance
Group Short Term Disability Insurance
Group Long Term Disability Insurance
Dear Insurance Provider:Mille Lacs County is requesting proposals for Life Insurance, Long and Short Term Disability Insurance Plans. You are invited to submit your proposal for the above-listed plans. Mille Lacs County is seeking to obtain policies which are more competitive in price and coverage than the County’s current offerings. Copies of Mille Lacs County’s current insurance plans may be requested by emailing email@example.com. Mille Lacs County will accept proposals directly from insurance companies, pooled arrangements established specifically for government entities, and insurance brokers. Mille Lacs County will accept only one proposal from each insurance provider.
Proposals must be submitted no later than 4:30 PM on Friday, August 30, 2019! Proposals must be submitted by e-mail to the following: firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Requests for clarification
a. Any requests for clarification must be submitted no later than 4:30 PMon Monday, August 19, 2019, via e-mail to email@example.com.
b. Mille Lacs County’s Administrative Services Office will compile a list of all questions and answers by Friday, August 23, 2019. This list will be disseminated to all parties who submitted questions, invited participants, and upon written request to the e-mail address listed-above.
2. General employee census data available by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Prior to obtaining employee census data or other confidential information from Mille Lacs County, you will be required to sign the Data Practices Agreement Pursuant to Privatization of Services provided by Mille Lacs County.
3. By submitting a proposal, you guarantee the accuracy and availability of the information provided therein, including but not limited to rates and coverage.
4. Proposals which are timely submitted and comply with the requirements set forth herein will be evaluated on a holistic basis wherein Mille Lacs County will determine which proposals are best suited for its employees.
a. Mille Lacs County will evaluate proposals based criteria which may include, but is not limited to, the following:
i. Monthly premiums; and
ii. Integration with sick leave; and
iii. Administration method; and
iv. Open enrollment potential for all employees for new contracts; and
v. AM best rating; and
vi. Elimination period; and
vii. Minimum and maximum weekly benefits; and
viii. Reputation and integrity of the benefit provider and broker; and
ix. Any other information deemed pertinent by Mille Lacs County.
5. Untimely submissions will not be accepted.
6. Proposals that are submitted outside of this RFP process or fail to follow the requirements set forth herein will not be considered.
7. Mille Lacs County reserves the right to reject any and all proposals that do not meet the County’s needs.