Animal Control


If you have complaints regarding dogs roaming your neighborhood, please call 911. If your dog is lost, please check with the Mille Lacs County Animal Control Facebook Page.

Enforcement on Tribal Lands

Note: The Mille Lacs County Animal Control Ordinance is not enforced on lands held in Trust for the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe, nor will the Mille Lacs Animal Control Officer remove dogs from these lands. Please contact Tribal Police if your dog is missing from these lands.


Residents in Mille Lacs County may only have three adult dogs as personal pets. Dogs over six months of age are considered adult dogs. Residents are required to have their dogs within their control at all times. Please refer to the Dog Ordinance (PDF)