Rights & Services For All Crime Victims

You have the right to the following:

  • You have the right to apply for financial help for losses resulting from a violent crime. This assistance does not cover property losses. For application and information, call 651-201-7300 or outside the Twin Cities area, call 888-622-8799, or TDD 651-205-4827.
  • You have the right to request that the law enforcement agency withhold public access to data revealing your identity. The law enforcement agency will decide if this is possible.
  • You have the right, if an offender is charged, to be informed of and participate in the prosecution process, including the right to request restitution (money court ordered from the offender and paid to the victim.)

Violated Rights

If you feel your rights as a victim have been violated, call the Crime Victim Justice Unit's Office at 651-201-7300, 888-622-8799, or TDD 651-205-4827.