Starting January 1, 2020 Mille Lacs County recycling drop sites will have new hours and locations. Recycling drop sites will be located in Isle, Milaca, Onamia, and Princeton; two of the four drop sites will have 24 hour availability, and all drop sites will accept single-sort recycling.
Recyclables are transported to the Minden Transfer Station operated by Republic Services in St. Cloud, Minnesota. These materials are ultimately transported to a material recovery facility where recyclables are mechanically sorted. Because of this mechanical sorting process boxes must be broken down and no plastic bags or shredded paper are allowed. This short video shows how a material recovery facility separates the different types of recyclable materials.
Hours, Locations & Acceptable Materials
For recycling hours, locations, and acceptable materials, view our Recycling Guide
- Place all recyclables loosely in the recycling container - no plastic bags. Plastic bags and films can be brought to participating businesses (https://www.plasticfilmrecycling.org/).
- Break down cardboard boxes.
- Make sure recyclable materials are clean and dry.
- Place caps back on all recyclables after they’re emptied.
- Only deposit materials that are on the accepted materials list.
- If you see someone actively dumping materials that aren’t accepted, please contact local law enforcement. If you see unacceptable materials that have already been dumped, please contact Environmental Resources at (320) 983-8325.
Mille Lacs County is not currently offering Ag plastic recycling services. The Zoning Office is currently exploring options. Please reach out to Keenan Hayes with questions or comments at email@example.com.