How can I fix my home if it does have elevated levels of radon?

Homeowners can contact a qualified radon reduction contractor if they are concerned about the high levels of radon found in their home. 

There are several things they can do; sealing cracks and other openings in the foundation is a simple way to start. This by itself will not lower the levels consistently or significantly. Venting units including fans and pipes, called sub-slab depressurization, is used most often and effectively to reduce levels of radon. The most efficient method will depend on the home's design and the specific cause of the problem.

Contact Us

If you are interested in receiving a test kit please contact the Mille Lacs County Community and Veterans Services office at 320-983-8208.

Show All Answers

1. What is radon?
2. What are the health affect associated with radon?
3. Where is your greatest risk of exposure to radon?
4. Is radon a serious problem in Minnesota?
5. How does radon get into our homes?
6. How can I find out if my home has a radon problem?
7. How can I fix my home if it does have elevated levels of radon?
8. How do I choose a radon mitigation contractor and how much will it cost?
9. Where can I get a radon test kit?