What can I do to protect my property from forfeiture?

All property owners who are in the position of their property being forfeited will be notified by certified mail, the property will be served by the Mille Lacs County Sheriff and notice will be published in the county paper to best assure no property will be forfeited without property owner knowledge. If for any reason you are unable to pay past taxes, please contact the Auditor’s Office. The staff of the Auditor’s Office will be able to assist you in finding the best option for you to protect your property from forfeiture.

Show All Answers

1. What tax information is available to me from the Auditor-Treasurer's Office?
2. How do I change the mailing address on my tax statements?
3. How are my property taxes calculated?
4. Where do my property tax dollars go?
5. What if I become delinquent on my property taxes?
6. What can I do to protect my property from forfeiture?
7. What is a "Confession of Judgement" and how does it work?
8. What is a "Truth-in-Taxation" (TNT) Notice?
9. When will I receive my current year property tax statement?
10. Why have I received a tax statement when my mortgage company should be paying the taxes?
11. How do I apply for the State Property Tax M1PR Refund?
12. When are my property taxes due?
13. How do I have my manufactured home parcel changed into my name?